Anneliese Dalaba

Readers who love clean, wholesome books and writers who write them.

First Line Friday is something every reader can participate in. Pick up a book near you. Type the first line in the comments, along with the title of the book and the author. Then check out the books other readers have featured in the comments on this blog or on the Hoarding Books link at the end of the post. You might find a book you would like to read simply by reading the first line. You can also click on the title of the book below and it will take you to Amazon so you can see what the book is about and the reviews other readers of shared.

The book I’m featuring today is Serendipity by one of my favorite authors, Cathy Marie Hake. She writes books that inspire you to want to live a godly life while at the same time providing entertainment and laughter for the reader.

fullsizeoutput_2334

Carver’s Holler, Arkansas, 1893

“Hoo-ooo-ie, she’s het up!”

The story is about two people who fall in love and quickly marry. Unfortunately, they know little about each other and, after the vows are spoken, realize they come from two very different cultures. Clashing dreams and the pressure of marriage makes them realize they mistook infatuation for love. Now they must find a way to build a life together.

Now it’s your turn. Place your first line in the comments and then check out other bloggers who participate in First Line Friday. Just click on the link below.

1. Happy Friday!

This week my FLF comes from Still Me by JoJo Moyes.

It was the moustache that reminded me I was no longer in England: a solid, grey millipede firmly obscuring the man’s upper lip; a Village People moustache, a cowboy moustache, the miniature head of a broom that meant business.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

1. Ha! A moustache could say so much. That’s great! Happy Friday to you, too!

2. Kara says:

Such a beautiful cover! I love all the bright, happy colors. 🙂 I’ve not read any of her books before, but this one sounds fun.

Happy Friday! My first line is from Kizzie’s Kisses by Zina Abbott:

“Kizzie Atwell felt her breathing become more labored.”

4. nashpredsfan27 says:

It’s so fun to see all the pretty covers! This one puts me in the mood for spring!! Too bad the groundhog saw his shadow :).

Here are the first couple lines of a Love Inspired Suspense I finished recently but haven’t featured: Her head throbbed and grogginess gripped her. She rocked as if on giant waves. (from Thread of Revenge by Elizabeth Goddard.

1. Living in Michigan, I think we will have at least six more weeks of winter whether the groundhog sees his shadow or not. 🙂

5. I haven’t read a book by Cathy Marie Hake in a while, and I’m not sure why since I really enjoyed the books I have read by her. This book sounds intriguing. I’ll be adding it to my TBR list. Thank you! 🙂

I’m sharing the first line from Anne Mateer’s No Small Storm over on my blog, so I’ll share a different line here. It’s from A Bride At Last by Melissa Jagears:
    Missouri
    September 1885
    At the sound of running footsteps, Kate Donovan glanced up from dumping mop water in the alleyway outside the school building.

Liked by 2 people

1. I just bet that water will hit someone. 🙂 I placed A Bride At Last on my TBR list.

1. LOL You’d win that bet. 🙂
        Yay! Let me know how you like it.

6. The girl on the cover attract my attention and I would look further into reading the book. My blog is featuring a book my Helen MacInnes and on the top a my long time favorites. The book shows how words can effect the perception of events or a person.
    I am reading THE AWKWARD SQUAD by Sophie Henaff. The FL is “Paris, August 9, 2012 Anne Capestan was standing at her kitchen window waiting for dawn to arrive. She drained her mug in one gulp and set it down on the shiny green tablecloth. She had just drunk her last coffee as a police officer. Or had she?”

7. Ellie says:

That sounds like a good book!

I’m currently reading Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray. The first line in the introduction is “I can’t recall the first time I tried green beans, but I do know I have decided to hate them forever.”

I hope you have a great weekend!

1. That’s certainly an interesting and humorous first line. I like it. I hope you have a great weekend, too!

I love the description of this book! Happy Saturday!

9. bellesmoma16 says:

Over on my blog, I’m sharing the first lines from the three novellas in A Night in Grosvenor Square. It’s a new Timeless Regency Collection. I’m 1/2 way done, and I’m loving it so much. Currently, I’m starting chapter 5 in the second story, so I’ll share that first line here:

“In spite of Anne’s attempts to distract herself from thoughts of Davis Whitledge, hours of repetitive work allowed her mind to drift.”