Anneliese Dalaba

Readers who love clean, wholesome books and writers who write them.

First Line Friday is something every reader can participate in. Pick up a book near you. Type the first line in the comments, along with the title of the book and the author. Then check out the books other readers have featured in the comments on this blog or on the Hoarding Books link at the end of the post. You might find a book you would like to read simply by reading the first line. You can also click on the title of the book below and it will take you to Amazon so you can see what the book is about and the reviews other readers of shared.

The book I’m featuring today is The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep. This novel is a page turner, filled with action, adventure, and emotion.

Screenshot 2018-01-20 15.03.16

London
February 1770

My precious Lord;
My only hope;
My Savior, how I need You now.

Eleanore Morgan repeated the words, over and over, scrubbing her fingernails more vigorously with each repetition.

Now it’s your turn. Place your first line in the comments and then check out other bloggers who participate in First Line Friday. Just click on the link below.

1. I love that cover, and the first line. Such a powerful statement!

2. carylkane says:

I love Michelle Griep’s books!

Salazar Sanso raised his binoculars and looked out over the edge of the steep drop into the rosy New Mexican desert. – Burn by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

Happy Friday and Happy Reading!

3. Happy Friday!

My FLF comes from the book I’m reading now, Liza’s Second Chance by Molly Jebber!

Lisa Schrock, clenched her teeth and dug her fingers in the fresh dough in her Amish bakery. The forced smiles, nods to her friends’ compliments, and suppressing the truth about her husband had been difficult, but she’d managed to keep her miserable marriage a secret.

Have an awesome weekend and happy reading!

1. Wow! Gripping first line! Thanks for sharing.

4. bellesmoma16 says:

I loved this book so much. It is such a great read!

Happy Friday!

Over on my blog I am showcasing Naomi Rawlings’s novel Love’s Bright Tomorrow. Here I will share the first line from the novel I am currently reading, Mary and Bright by Shannon Graupman.

“Mary Bradford’s heart raced as she sat on the edge of her king sized bed — her gaze affixed on the single white sheet of paper resting on the nightstand.”

1. Great first line! I’m curious to know what’s on that single white sheet of paper. Thanks for sharing.

I need to read this book! I read the 12 Days at Bleakly Manor by Griep in December, and it was excellent. Happy Friday!

1. Yes. She’s a good author.

6. Ellie says:

I’ve heard good things about this author, but have never read anything by her.

1. I think this was my first book by this author, but I’m definitely open to reading more of her novels.

7. Interesting book. I am featuring one of Margaret Coel books about the Arapahoe indians.

Happy Friday! (What’s left!) My first lines (sorry, but I included the 2nd) is from These Healing Hills by Ann H. Gabhart:

“Francine Howard stepped off the bus into another world. She should have been prepared.”

9. Iola says:

An excellent first line – thanks for sharing!

I’m sharing the first line from Aint Misbehaving by Marji Laine on my blog. I’m currently reading My Sister’s Prayer by Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould. It’s the middle book in a trilogy and I really shouldn’t have read the third book first, because it did ruin some of the big-picture suspense. Here’s the first line:

The cry for help came as I was coasting toward the bicycle rack at the far end of the story.

10. Very powerful – why is she scrubbing her finger nails so hard?? Happy Saturday!

11. Carrie says:

Love, love, LOVE this book!

My current first line is from Cathy Gohlke’s Until We Find Home: “Lightning crackled, splitting the night sky over Paris, illuminating letters painted on the bookstore window across the street: La Maison des Amis des Livres.”