What First Line Friday is all about: This is something every reader can participate in. Pick up a book near you. Type the first line in the comments, along with the title of the book and the author. Then check out the books other readers have featured in the comments on this blog. You might find a book you would like to read simply by reading the first line.

The book I’m featuring today is The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen.

fullsizeoutput_1ebf

“He is reading my letters now … Margaret Elinor Macy sat at her dressing table, heart pounding.”

Margaret Macy flees London in disguise to escape being forced to marry a dishonorable man. She becomes a housemaid at the home of Nathaniel Upchurch. He had been her suitor at one time and she had rejected him hoping to win his brother’s affection instead. Now, she hopes no one will recognize her until she can inherit from her spinster aunt and gain her independence. As a housemaid, she has the opportunity to observe both brothers. Over time, she begins to question whether she had been seeking the attention of the wrong brother. Margaret learns a valuable lessen that appearances can be deceiving and that things are not always as they seem.

Now it’s your turn. Place your first line in the comments and then check out some more bloggers who participate in First Line Friday. Just click on the link below.

1. sprinklesandpink says:

I’m sharing the first line from Christmas at Harrington’s by Melody Carlson on my blog today. In keeping with my Christmas theme, I’ll share the first line from another Christmas book inching its way up my TBR list: A Husband for Holly by Marion Uechermann. “OH NO. Hurry, Heather, before she spots us.”

1. That is a great first line! I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

2. Happy Friday!

My first line is from Divinely Yours by Karin Gillespie

The red light on Skye Sebring’s computer blinked rapidly, announcing the arrival of her first client of the day. Within seconds a girl with darting eyes entered the cubicle. She wore a spiked leather wrist cuff and a t-shirt with the logo “Hustle or Die.”

Have a great weekend!

1. Definitely an interesting first lines. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

3. Adding this to my TBR list! And I really like that cover…..

I have this book on Audible…started it a few weeks ago. It’s such an interesting story! Happy Friday Anneliese!

5. Suzie Waltner says:

I need to read more of Julie Klaussen’s books. It’s been a while for me. Happy Friday.

6. The plot intrigues me. Happy Friday!

7. Carrie says:

I love this book! Well, anything that Julie Klassen writes for that matter 🙂
    My current first line is from A MOTHER IN THE MAKING by Gabrielle Meyer: “John Orton stared at Anna’s portrait, his grief nothing compared to his pulsing guilt.”

8. Becky says:

Adding this to my TBR! Looks like something I’d totally read.

I’m featuring Hometown Girl by Courtney Walsh on my blog, but I’m currently reading a non-fiction book called She’s Got The Wrong Guy: Why Smart Women Settle by Deepak Reju so I’ll use that today.

Part 1:
    From Problems to Faith
    When it comes to dating and marriage, what problems do you face as a single woman?

Happy Reading!! 🙂

My first line is from The Color of Redemption by Lynn Cornell:

“An eerie foreboding had jolted me from my sleep this morning, vexing my spirit – the kind of vexing that made me want to cower under my covers and stay in bed.”

1. Definitely great first line. 🙂