Pick up a book near you. Type the first line in the comments, along with the title of the book and the author.

The book I’m featuring this weeks is The Measure of Katie Calloway, written by Serena Miller.

fullsizeoutput_1de7

“A drop of rain seeped through the sodden roof of the Georgia cabin where Katie Calloway lay.”

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. If you would like to see what it’s about, just click on the title of the book above.

Now place your first line in the comments and then check out some more bloggers who participate in First Line Friday. Just click on the link below.

22 thoughts on “First Line Friday

1. Becky says:

Welcome to the First Line Friday group! So glad to have you join us. This looks like a great read that I’m going to have to check out. :

I’m sharing about “Witness Protection” by Carol Kinsey on the blog today, but I’m going to share the first line from the book I’m currently reading here.

“All of the stories have been written, including mine.”
    Lu. by Beth Troy

1. Thanks for the welcome! That first line definitely sounds intriguing. Where has my story been written? What does she mean? Great first line. Thanks for sharing.

1. Becky says:

It’s definitely a great opener. It’s a story about a girl who goes back to her hometown after being cheated on by her boyfriend. It’s based on the book of Ecclesiastes where we have all questioned, “What is our purpose? Why are we alive?” The author has done a fantastic job with it.

Welcome to First Line Fridays Anneliese! I love the cover of this book. Happy Friday!

1. Thank you. I’m glad to be a part of this group.

3. Welcome to FLF! I too enjoyed reading The Measure of Katie Calloway. Great choice!

1. Thank you. I’m glad to be a part of this group.

Happy Friday!!! My first line is from Mission Undercover by Virginia Vaughan:

“Blake Michaels pulled into the parking lot of Northshore Medical Center and cut the engine.”

1. Sounds interesting. What’s he doing at the medical center? It starts to pull you into the story right away.

5. bellesmoma16 says:

Welcome to FLF!!!

I loved the book you’re showcasing this week. I thought it so well written!

I’m currently reading An Inconvenient Beauty by Kristi Ann Hunter, and that’s the book I’m doing on my FLF post today, so here I will post the first line from the novel I’m reading next. The next book on my schedule is Rancher to the Rescue by Barbara Phinney.

Proud Bend, Colorado, April, 1883

“Did I read that right?” Clare Walsh peered up from her chair at the Recording Office in Proud Bend, Colorado. She blinked rapidly. “My parents are gone?”

1. I just looked that book up on Amazon after reading your first line. It does sound interesting, like something I might like to read. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks for the welcome, too. 🙂 It’s nice to be a part of this group.

6. This is one of my all-time favorite books. I can’t put my finger on why (and I’ve tried), but this book just stays with me. Years after I read it I can still vividly recall several scenes and most of the plot. With the number of books I’ve read, that is saying something. Welcome to FLF! 🙂

1. I agree completely. I read this one months ago, but I chose to use it for FLF today because it has stuck with me. It was very enjoyable. Thanks for the welcome. It’s nice to be a part of this group. 🙂

7. Welcome to the fun, have a great weekend!

1. Thank you! I’m glad to be a part of this group. A great weekend for you, too!

8. Carrie says:

Hi Anneliese! Thrilled to have you participate 🙂 And you featured one of my fave books, too 🙂
    Here’s the first line of the book currently closest to me – “Someone had left the front door open.” – Portrait of Vengeance by Carrie Stuart Parks

1. Thanks, Carrie. It was your blog in which I first was introduced to FLF. I’m so glad to be a part of this group. Thanks for the welcome. 🙂

9. This book has been staring at me from my bookshelf for far too long lol!

1. It’s a good one for sure. 🙂

10. Welcome to First Line Friday!
    I’m sharing from Where We Belong by Lynn Austen on my blog, but I’m currently reading Cardiac Event by Dr. Richard Mabry. Here’s the first line:

Dr. Cliff Hamilton watched the bright green lines of the EKG dance across the monitor screen.

I’m finding Cardiac Event is perhaps more medical murder mystery than thriller, but there is plenty of suspense and I’m enjoying it. I’ll post a full review on my website next week.

1. Thanks for the welcome to FLF. It’s nice to be a part of this group. I’ve not read Lynn Austen yet. Sounds interesting. 🙂

11. Have a great weekend, Happy Friday!